Dental anxiety can be a major barrier to receiving the care you need. There are no age, sex, economic or race discrimination guidelines. Our team understands dental anxiety and are specially trained in the delivery of safe and effective Conscious Oral Sedation care. We offer a non-judgemental approach to ensure you feel comfortable and confident with the entire experience at all times.
Did you know?
- 30-50% of the population avoids the dentist due to fear
- dental anxiety can be effectively managed non-invasively
- dental anxiety can be managed safely without the use of costly general anaesthesia or IV's
Don't let dental anxiety stand between you and the smile of your dreams.
Do I need sedation for my dental visits?
Depending on the severity of your anxiety, you may wish to be sedated for your dental visits. It also depends on the specific procedure you are having done. Sedation Dentistry can be used for short visits such as cleanings and examinations or extended visits with comprehensive restorative or surgical care.
You may consider sedation if any of the following apply to you:
- Mild, moderate or severe dental anxiety/phobia
- Hypersensitive gag reflex
- Resistant to local anaesthesia (freezing)
- Busy schedule
- You require complex dental treatment
- You tend to experience heightened sensitivity following most dental visits
Conscious Oral Sedation is EASY.
How does it work?
A simple medication is prescribed by Dr. Morhaliek. Dr. Morhaliek will determine the right medication for you to ensure you are completely comfortable and totally relaxed during your entire visit. Often times, clients have little or no memory of their dental visit!
Some important points to remember about safe and effective Conscious Oral Sedation:
- A reliable companion must bring you to our office and take you directly home afterwards
- You must not drive or operate any machinery while you are sedated
- A very specific diet regimen must by closely followed for the medication to work effectively
Simply Amazing Smiles is dedicated to your health and well-being. Conscious Oral Sedation breaks the cycle of fear and enables our clients to feel completely comfortable, totally relaxed and entirely safe.
Call 762-2521 or click here for a CONFIDENTIAL and COMPLIMENTARY consultation.